Unveiled: The Reimagining of Allen Center is Now Complete
We are thrilled to share the completed renovations for Phase II of the Reimagining of Allen Center, which focused on upgrades to Two and Three Allen Center. Capitalizing on the successful renovation of One Allen Center and the repositioning of the C. Baldwin Hotel, the transformed Two and Three Allen Center further evolves the campus into an innovative mixed-use destination, offering best-in-class amenities and finishes.
Three Allen Center, street-level entrance
Three Allen Center lobby, second floor
Two Allen Center lobby, street-level
We worked closely with the design teams at Morrison Dilworth + Walls and PDR to deliver a new tenant and visitor experience at Allen Center. Key elements of Phase II included:
- A reimagined Two Allen Center with a new two-story lobby, a second-floor outdoor terrace that overlooks The Acre, and updated retail bays.
- Three Allen Center boasts a redesigned lobby that enhances connectivity and openness and new wellness offerings, such as:
- The wellness room is outfitted with Peloton bikes, rowing machines, stretch mats, towel service, and executive locker rooms and showers. The wellness room is in close proximity to Buffalo Bayou Park and offers tenants a space where they may freshen up after utilizing the trails or biking to work.
- A new bike room, which includes end-of-trip facilities such as a dedicated, bike-friendly street-level entrance, wall-mounted storage racks for up to 27 bikes, as well as access to servicing tools.
- Work & Mother is a network of fully equipped lactation facilities with an associated app for booking, support community, and educational resources for working mothers who are breastfeeding. Company memberships to Work & Mother are an easy, cost-effective way for employers to satisfy the nursing mother provision of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA Section 7(r)). To learn more about Work & Mother and/or how to enroll, visit www.workandmother.com, call 713-230-8962, or send an email to Sarah Beth Amini: Sarahbeth@workandmother.com.
- Renovated elevator cabs, new air handling units, and light fixtures for both buildings.
- A new skybridge that connects Two and Three Allen Center, allowing for a more open path of travel between the two towers.
- New, thermally efficient glass on the first and second floors of both buildings as well as the skybridge.
Outdoor terrace at Two Allen Center
The wellness room at Three Allen Center
Street-level of Three Allen Center, entrance to the wellness room (L) and Work & Mother (R)
As we celebrate the completion of Phase II of the Remaining of Allen Center, we want to thank you for your patience throughout the redevelopment of Allen Center. If you have an opportunity, we hope you experience the new offerings in-person. Until then, we encourage you to take a virtual walkthrough of the new space. We know you will enjoy the new Allen Center!
Photography by Peter Molick.